News: New StarSiege, MIB content available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News: New StarSiege, MIB content available

In pursuit of tJY's goal of becoming the ultimate place to go for anything related to the StarSiege Universe, I've scoured the famed Men In Black's website for new SS downloads and I've brought back quite a handful. Everything from radical changes in gameplay of the Sentinal, Command and Conquer, and NASH Herc mods to simple scripting tutorials and skin packs. Check them out in the StarSiege Files Archive.

Speaking of downloads from the Starsieg MIB site I found another item you shoud add. The Symbiont mod. The MIB does have the version 1.4, but I searched the net and I found a version 1.6 someone made. The Starsiege MIB site should upgrate to this one:

Version 1.6 not made by MIB
    Filename: Symbiont_Mod_1[1].6.exe
    http://www.maxim.taylashev.com/Stars...mbiont_Mod.zip

Go here for Symbiont mod 1.4 on the Starsiege MIB site:
    http://www.starsiegemeninblack.cjb.net/
    Last edited by Jeff; 10-02-2005, 08:49 AM.
    Site coming soon.

Comment

Just one quick note after you download it you can use it in your server, but to use it in campaign upgrade the techlevel and planetinv values to bool and the tech value to have all weapons. This way you will be able to acces these weapons.

For uninstalling this do not uninstall it by way of it's uninstall button. Use Control Panel. If you uninstalled it using their uninstall button you will need to re-install it and then uninstall it by way of control panel. It is very stable and does not crash.
      Site coming soon.

Comment

Do you have an author for that 1.6 revision, Jeff? And I can't seem to find the Symbiont Mod at all on the MIB site. Hrmpf.

Comment

I believe the guy's name is Max: http://www.maxim.taylashev.com/downloads.htm

Ya I noticed that. For some reason you can only see that they have the Symbiount Mod in the MIB download section, but it's not clickable. Wierd.
          Site coming soon.

Comment

Hmm... I'm not sure where you're looking, but like I said before, I can't even see find the text "Symbiont Mod" on the MIB site. Even doing a Google doesn't return anything.

Comment

Dang it usto be called Simbiont mod. I know the one I posted was called Symbiont mod. Well it's now called Sentinel mod.

Look below this in the downloads sectin of the MIB.

NASHERC Racing Fan Pack

The NASHERC Racing Fan pack is the ultimate package for the die-hard NASHERC race fan. It includes NASHERC version 2.0 and all of the NASHERC tracks, skins, setups, logos, and more!
              Download NASHERC_FanPack.zip (2.88 MB)
              Sentinal Mod (version 1.4)

The Sentinal Mod is a total conversion for Starsiege created by Com. Sentinal [M.I.B.], which adds 25 new weapons, 7 enhanced weapons, 3 new armors, several new components, specific vehicle enhancements, and tougher AI. The mod is 100% compatible with normal Starsiege, because you run it with the -sentmod command line (just like the mission editor's -me). That means that you won't have to un-install the mod to play Starsiege normally. The version 1.4 update fixes the crashing bug with the Ultra-Violet Pulse Cannon (UVP) in software mode. It also tweaks a few of the weapons for balancing purposes and addresses some serious issues with armor and weapons. For more detailed information on the mod, as well as a download link, visit the Sentinal Mod Download Page.
              Buzzbum Mission Editor Mod (version 3.0)

This is a mod which adds many new shapes and objects to the Starsiege Mission Editor. It was originally created by Buzzbum, then later updated with even more shapes by S-110. Version 3.0 has been updated with even more shapes, and several fixes from Super Powio. To install, just place the included RegisterObjects.cs in your Starsiege main directory.
              Download BuzzMod30.zip (14.3 KB)

http://www.starsiegemeninblack.cjb.net/

Oh well at leastt you have a new stash of downloads from the Max guy.
              Site coming soon.

Comment

Ah yes, the Sentinal mod. We've got that one already.

But yeah, I'm going to have to go through Max's site and see what I can pull off it. That, or I'll just assign IVIaedhros to it .

Thanks Jeff.

Comment

Remember though the Sentinel Mod is different from the Symbiont mod. You need to Symbiont mod. The Symbiont mod is just wow. Your side in campaign has mods even your artilary. It's got x wing lasers, tie lasers, artilary, better components. Even the senorrs can make the whole map red they can see so far. You can become invicible. Blow things up with one shot. Just about anything. Try it out. There are better versions of pbws, railguns, machine guns, elfs, etc. There are engines that can make your run almost up to 200. It is a dream come true mod.
                  Site coming soon.

Comment

While I was searching around the web I found a couple of reticles and a few downloads: http://www.angelfire.com/games4/ssfiles/

Note: When I went to Starsiegemods.com they did have this download, but there link was broken. I did report it, but it stil has not been fixed. Maybe they need a new copy. Here's the Leviathan Reticle.
                    Leviathan's Custom Reticule: http://www.angelfire.com/games4/ssfi..._Leviathan.zip

Lujan's Custom Reticule:
                    http://www.angelfire.com/games4/ssfi...cule_lujan.zip

Wreks' Custom Reticule:
                    http://www.angelfire.com/games4/ssfi...ules_wreks.zip
                    Last edited by Jeff; 10-13-2005, 12:12 PM.
                    Site coming soon.

Comment

Thanks for the files, Jeff, they've been added to our scripts and utilities section.

Comment

And thank you for adding them. We will need them for the wait until Starsiege 2845 comes out. Just to keep the activity level good. It helps the sites too.
                        Site coming soon.

Comment

no offense but sounds like an uber mod that would take the fun out of the game to me. SUre you can spank the ai for a few minutes, but then what?
                          Founder/Member of Ultra Force
                          Game Master of the Hellstorm Hussars Battletech Mercenary Unit

Comment

Hmm....
                            Been there done that..
                            Like mounting a Nike gun on a Shep, remote whack all those guys i can't kill otherwise, all that stuff leads to no challenge IMHO.

Most pilots i know don't use such a mod, heck they don't even make use of missiles in an open server.

Heaven Needs A LowRider.

Comment

Whatever you want or don't want to download doesn't bother me. Just contributing. Plus it's not just to use against AI's it's also for your own servers. Of course the server admin and the clients have to have the same downloads. Can't be used elsewhere however unless they have it too. So unintall it and keep it somewhere so you can resume in regular multiplayer. Just like most mods.
                              Last edited by Jeff; 10-19-2005, 07:52 PM.
                              Site coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X