News: Reveille *Cue annoying music*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News: Reveille *Cue annoying music*

I've been dragging my brain for a while now, trying to think of some good 2845 articles to write...maybe some more interviews or an ATR review...but they all sounded pretty boring and not worth the effort. Still, I wanted to write something: that's when I noticed the Community section in tJY articles. Voila, I shall write articles that have personal significance to me. It is thus that I give you the first of hopefully many more to come: the Army LDAC/11B AIT Quicksheet, a sort study sheet for what's required in both infantryman's Basic training and the officer's Leadership Development and Assessment Course. Yea, another list For those of you who don't know, I've been through Basic training as an infantryman, I'm planning on going to Airborne school, and I'm also a ROTC cadet at Indiana University. There's a lot of crap that I have to memorize. This is some of stuff that I have to have down cold, and I thought I'd share it with you guys in case it helped anyone. If this boring, I apologize, and I hastily add that I'm also working on similar articles that should, hopefully, prove more interesting to an audience outside of Army hopefully. Look to see some articles on Land Navigation and First Aid in addition to references to the official manuals, which BTW, you as the public can easily access via Google(TM). I also plan to eventually give a written account of my experiences in Basic Training along the lines of an actual narrative.

[shameless plug]Oh, one more thing...I've also been busy writing short stories. I've always wanted to take it up as a casual hobby and I've finally managed to get myself moving. Strangely enough, I've started with Fire Emblem 7 fanfiction of all things...*shrugs*, still I'd like to think they're good enough that you could enjoy them without being familiar with the game.

A Trip to Market: A bishop finds himself in charge of a young girl, newly orphaned. Together they travel to the largest market in Araphen and all hell breaks loose. Not much action, largely a feel-good slice of life. Inspired by Les Miserables

Awakening: Another characterization piece and a WIP, though almost finished. This one focuses on explaining the role of Tactician's within the world of FE and introducing one very famous one, "Mark". Actual action and a little bloodshed plus hints of HP Lovecraft, woohoo! [/shameless plug]
Working...
X