Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have any thoughts about the upcoming herc/mech game "Hawken"??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have any thoughts about the upcoming herc/mech game "Hawken"??

Game is due to be in stores on 12-12-12.

Signups for Open Beta Testing still ongoing.

There are some decent video footage and screen shots available on their website.

Check out linkage here:

www.hawkengame.com
    sigpic
    [OF] hYlAnDeR ~TFC~ PPt
    Orion Faction
    Fleet Admiral - Retired

I want to like it, but it reminds me of the "washed out" look that saturated titles like Unreal Tournament 3. I am not a fan of that.

Comment

Well,

I was selected for the beta a couple weeks ago. Although the first 3 days were loads of fun, playing the game, trying out different configurations and really trying to break the game because, to me that is what pure beta testing is all about, and then of course reporting what errors and bugs you come across to the dev team. However, on day 4, there was a patch to the beta and that is when about 1/2 of the beta testing community lost the ability to get back into the game to either launch, play, find servers or what have you. So, needless to say, my joy was shortlived. I cannot say too much, due to the NDA, but the game is most certainly different from SS by a long shot, and is also quite different from any of the Mechwarrior series. There are some great positives from the game and I think there are some legitimate criticisms, but all in all, for a FTP (Free to Play) game, I like it and think it is truly worth the download to play around for a while. It will at least satisfy that little herc/mech urge from time to time anyways.

So, for those who are lurking on this forum and wants to check it out, I would strongly give this a try.

Hawken is going to have another closed beta on Oct 26-28, sign ups began this morning. I am hoping to have another go at this beta test.

On another note, "Mechwarrior Online" is also to begin and "open" beta test next week on their new FTP game developed by Piranha. This game is uniquely based on the MechCommander boardgame and PC game from a few years ago. It too looks pretty exciting and I am hoping to be selected for this beta also. So, go check this game out also and let me know what you think.

Have a blessed weekend!
      sigpic
      [OF] hYlAnDeR ~TFC~ PPt
      Orion Faction
      Fleet Admiral - Retired

Comment

look's Nice!

Comment

Working...
        X