• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wats up with my drive...?!

My CD burner is screwed up...
    When its active my computer freezes...

WTF is wrong with it...
    When it is not active my computer doesn't freeze...
    Can sumone help...?!

i'm asuming it's taking longer than usual to spin up and read (which usually forces windoze to hang for a bit) - in that case, get a new drive.

they're a dime a dozen these days.
    -- grey wolf

v4sw7+8CFHJMPRSUY$hw6/8ln5pr7FOPS$ck6ma7u8FLOw5GVm5l7DGUi20e4t3ABDEFGMNS TVb6DHMORTen7aNs0Br2p-5.62/-4.26g8ACGHMOPRTVZ hackerkey.com

Comment

No there is no disk in it...
      It makes a noise and my comp freezes...

Is there any way i can fix it without buying a new one?

Comment

not by the sound of it, no.

i'd take it to a local computer shop though. there's one here called "Computer Recyclers" where they buy/sell used and new hardware and even do some repair work on the side. might want to try a shop like that. they can test it and see if it's good. if it is, they'll want to see your computer.
        -- grey wolf

v4sw7+8CFHJMPRSUY$hw6/8ln5pr7FOPS$ck6ma7u8FLOw5GVm5l7DGUi20e4t3ABDEFGMNS TVb6DHMORTen7aNs0Br2p-5.62/-4.26g8ACGHMOPRTVZ hackerkey.com

Comment

Whats the average price of fixing it?

Comment

you'd have to send the drive to the manufacturer to FIX it. i was saying get it TESTED to see if it's defective.

new CD-ROMs are CHEAP - $12US + shipping. CD-RWs are just as cheap - $24US + shipping or more, depending on the speed you want.
            -- grey wolf

Comment

Working...
            X