This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Axis FAQ

Okay, this here is the first public release of an Axis FAQ based on the retail version.

Have a look, tell me what you think, tell me if there is something missing.

Oh, and if anybody could contribute some nice Axis-ASCII logo, I'd be really really happy.

-VERSION HAS BEEN UPDATED AS OF 04.10.01!!!-
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Meph; 10-04-2001, 01:26 PM.
    Since the dawning of time, when Triumph the Forger-God pounded out the world from the mists and ores of heaven, men have sought the Riddle of Steel…

Few have found it. What is it?

It is invincibility—to strike with all and to be struck by none.
    It is understanding—to ask questions and to know the answers.
    It is peace—to walk without fear, to know that the end is in your own hands.
    It is skill—to feel the elegance found in violence, and to know the beauty found in stillness.
    It is spirit—to gaze into the face of your God and to know him before he comes for you…

Looks cool. Mind if i post it on my clan page?

Comment

I dont mind, as long as it's kept intact and includes the disclaimer. Just drop me a line once it's up there...
      Since the dawning of time, when Triumph the Forger-God pounded out the world from the mists and ores of heaven, men have sought the Riddle of Steel…

It is skill—to feel the elegance found in violence, and to know the beauty found in stillness.
      It is spirit—to gaze into the face of your God and to know him before he comes for you…

Comment

Dark Star Axis
        Just click on news and then Axis info center to find it.

Comment

Version has been updated. Thanks to LordSpawn for the additional infos.

Comment

Is it supposed to be filled with things like '\par' and '{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0{\fonttbl {\f0\fmodern\fprq1\fcharset0 Fixedsys;}}
            {\colortbl ;\red0\green0\blue0;}
            \uc1\pard\ri68\tx708\lang1031\ulnone\f0\fs5 Axis FAQ by Meph V1.0\par
            \pard\tx708\par
            \par'

?

Comment

right-click on Meph's link, click "save target as", and then open it with wordpad

Comment

So do all those weapons make the game more complicated and confusing? or is it more fun?
                " Suddenly I heard a tapping, as if someone was gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard the rapping, right? "

Comment

I still use mainly the same wepons in the demo. Since im used to them. I started to use the ICA 3000 now. But there are tons of possable configs you can do.

Comment

English manual

Is this 30 mb English manual that Meph keeps talking about on the CD, or can I download it somewhere? I don't consider 30 MB too much to download.
                    ---The Pacifier

Check out my free PC game, "Cosmo duel", here: http://www.geocities.com/axis_the_pacifier/cosmo.html

Comment

If somone has a English manual thats downloadable please post it.. I requested that my manual be the korean one cuz it looks cooler so there :P.

Comment

Jun slipped in an extra CD in our packages which contained the english translation of the manual. It's a rather huge Word Document, translated by Michael "Junkyard Dawg" Ferguson; I believe he was member of the junkyard staff.

As I only have ISDN and no webspace, uploading it is out of the question. I also do believe that someone might hold a copyright to it, or the images contained within.

I won't take risks on that.
                        Last edited by Meph; 08-12-2001, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Well, does Mr Dawg have an E-mail adress? If so we could ask. Pity Jun is gone or we could just ask him.

Perhaps Mhaddy has this as well.
                          ---The Pacifier

Check out my free PC game, "Cosmo duel", here: http://www.geocities.com/axis_the_pacifier/cosmo.html

Comment

The stuff thats on the axis section of the junkyard is the english translation
                            except for that there is not much in the manual

C`mon , do you really want an explenation on how to join or create a game or wich button does what ?
                            Come fly with me , but don`t fly against me ; You`ll lose .. Nyo >;3

Comment

Yep, Michael "Junkyard Dawg" Ferguson aka Chaos was Staff sometime ago. After he finished translating that manual and got his 'reward' from Jun he mysteriously disappeared. I have not heard or seen him in... months.

Unfortunately, I do not have a copy of this English manual because I received my copy from Jun a long, long time ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X