Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Important Message from sunandshadows.com, Starsiege is alive, but it may jsut die

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Important Message from sunandshadows.com, Starsiege is alive, but it may jsut die

Go here: http://ccforums.mechnex.net/index.ph...ST&f=11&t=3552
    Site coming soon.

Starsiege has been dying for years now. Ancients and Sari's are the only servers left that run people besides clan training servers.

Comment

You sent us through two sets of links and sites just to say "Starsiege is dying, email your friends about it"?

Comment

Yeah...

SS has *been* dead. I know that's hard to accept, but its true. If you have to E-mail people telling them a game isn't dead... its dead.
        Originally posted by Captain Biggs
        everybody will forever remember me as the "gas man"

Comment

Starsiege: 2845 is about the last chance we have of reviving Starsiege. Seeing that you linked us through the forums of the site I would say you know it exists.

Look rookie. The master servers are coming back. People still play. We have a frellin' total conversion MOD coming. Christ and Hunter, we are not so desperate as to need to start emailing everyone in a frantic rush to get the word out.

Do you have any idea how many times we have tried this already?

You are talking about a game that is old. I spent about a hundred bucks just to build a machine old enough to run it properly. It does not run well on new machines and isn't abandonware. Doesn't run well on new machines and isn't abandonware. Hmm... think anyone will take an interest? Hell no. [note] If you say it runs well on new machines, you are an idiot. [/note]

Despite this, the game has a story as rich as Star Wars (in all its glory). Unfortunately about the only people who know half the story are those like myself. They spent hours at the feet of the dev team listening and hearing everything that never went into the game itself. The rest know nothing. This is some of the people who know the storyline, even some who created it, are working on 2845.

After ranting at you for some length now about how Starsiege is not dead enough to start an email jihaad (bad, bad idea)... I am going to tell you why posting here was even worse.

Dude, you are at the Junkyard. Anyone who is anyone knows Mhaddy. He probably knows more about Starsiege's future than you and he definately has tried alot more shit than you have to revive the game.

Be gone.

[edit] The butterfly girl. You don't know who she is, you run the risk of knowing nothing about Starsiege.
          Last edited by Weatherlight; 05-12-2004, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Weatherlight
            The butterfly girl.
            who?
            -- grey wolf

v4sw7+8CFHJMPRSUY$hw6/8ln5pr7FOPS$ck6ma7u8FLOw5GVm5l7DGUi20e4t3ABDEFGMNS TVb6DHMORTen7aNs0Br2p-5.62/-4.26g8ACGHMOPRTVZ hackerkey.com

Comment

Starseige Sucks!
              {RiP}Biggs
              Senior Leadership
              Team Rest in Pieces
              http://www.teamrip.org
              Biggs@teamrip.org

Comment

The master servers are coming back. People still play. We have a frellin' total conversion MOD coming. Christ and Hunter, we are not so desperate as to need to start emailing everyone in a frantic rush to get the word out.
                Obviously you did if sunandshadows.com and other sites which I can name were asking for it. Listen my friend Starsiege was staying afloat for a good while, it only recently started to die again. This master server situation has happened only 2 times. Now and back in 2001. And I don't care if you guys think it sucks this was not meant for your eyes anyway. It was meant for those the like SS. Plus everyone it seems at SS 2845 is helping out with the problems. Even some of the leaders of my squad, you can find their comments here: http://redarmageddon.net/modules.php...ewtopic&t=4094 have even talked to Sierra recently and are helping to resolve the rest of the problem. So they are serious about this too. There are other places I have informed that Starsiege coming back. Like I said this is meant for people who want to play SS, not you.
                You are talking about a game that is old. I spent about a hundred bucks just to build a machine old enough to run it properly. It does not run well on new machines and isn't abandonware. Doesn't run well on new machines and isn't abandonware. Hmm... think anyone will take an interest? Hell no. If you say it runs well on new machines, you are an idiot.
                Ha I have a Pentium 4 2.66 GHz with Windows XP Professional. It has 512 MB of RAM and it can hold 55.8 GB. And your telling me SS can't work on newer PC's. SS is way fast because of my computer. Look who's the idiot now. lol. j/k.
                Be gone.
                Hum no thanks. But thank you for the offer. lol. (I know your just playing around. And I am a little bit too.)
                Last edited by Jeff; 05-13-2004, 01:03 PM.
                Site coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff
                  Ha I have a Pentium 4 2.66 GHz with Windows XP Professional. It has 512 MB of RAM and it can hold 55.8 GB. And your telling me SS can't work on newer PC's. SS is way fast because of my computer. Look who's the idiot now. lol. j/k.
                  That is not a particularly good or new machine.

P4 2.66 GHz? Not *horrible* or anything, but the fact that you're using a Pentium at all is troubling and undermines your credibility, IMHO.

XP Pro and only 512? I pity you. I've got a gig, and XP Home still takes up a significant portion of that. SS and older programs might be the only things that are safe for you to run with just 512.

And a *whole* 55.8 GB? You must be so proud. I can understand why you're still so obsessed with SS with that rig; most new games would scoff at it.

Comment

That is not a particularly good or new machine.

P4 2.66 GHz? Not *horrible* or anything, but the fact that you're using a Pentium at all is troubling and undermines your credibility, IMHO.

XP Pro and only 512? I pity you. I've got a gig, and XP Home still takes up a significant portion of that. SS and older programs might be the only things that are safe for you to run with just 512.
                    Oh whoppdedo do your so special. Most people have Pentiums. Maybe not you, but the rest of the world does. And so does a great number of Starsiegers that I know. Pentium 4's are not really old.

Plus I believe this is not relevant for the topic at all, its intent, or purpose. So I would suggest you let those that actually want to help out with SS, since this is what this thread is about, speak. And if no one speaks here. Which this is the only place where me speaking hasn't helped much, then I have done my job.

And one final thing please for God's sake (ooh I said God that must offend someone) use spell check. I have.
                    Last edited by Jeff; 05-13-2004, 01:05 PM.
                    Site coming soon.

Comment

yeah, UT2k4 is 6 GBs out of the box. There goes over 10% of your pride.

...This master server situation has happened only 2 times. Now and back in 2001. And I don't care if you guys think it sux this was not meant for your eyes anyway...
                      ...There are other places I have informed that Starsiege coming back.
                      ...SS is way fast because of my computer. Look who's the idiot now. lol. j/k.
                      And one final thing please please for God's sake (ooh I said God that must offend someone) use spell check. I have.
                      hah, yeah right.
                      Last edited by silver; 05-13-2004, 12:28 PM.
                      Originally posted by Falcon
                      "the gas man" is forever, no matter how much you want your taking it up the ass to be immortalized.

Comment

Oh whoppdiedo do your so special. Most people have Pentiums. Maybe not you, but the rest of the world does. And so does a great number of Starsiegers that I know. Pentium 4's are not really old.

Plus I believe this is not relevant for the topic at all, its intent, or purpose. So I would suggest you let those that actually want to help out with SS, since this is what this thread is about, speak. And if no one speaks here. Which this is the only place where me speaking hasn't helped much, then I have done my job.

And one final thing please please for God's sake (ooh I said God that must offend someone) use spell check. I have.
                        Yes, I can jsut see how you jsut love to use Spellcheck jsut before you put in a title for the post.

And if you want this to be all Starsiege, I'll gladly move it to our Starsiege forum for you.

Comment

Originally posted by silver
                          yeah, UT2k4 is 6 GBs out of the box. There goes over 10% of your pride.
                          hah, yeah right.
                          Pride? I'm not acting all updie if that's what you mean. Plus you can have a Pentium 4 and have more GB's. That has nothing to do with the computer. That's a separate part. Those you can put in. And that's fine if people care less about spell checking. If they wish to look like they care less about what they say then that's there choice.

Falcon:
                          Yes, I can just see how you just love to use Spell-check just before you put in a title for the post.

And if you want this to be all Starsiege, I'll gladly move it to our Starsiege forum for you.
                          I don't know what you mean by title, but spell checking yourself is very important when posting. And yes thank you if you can please move this topic to the Starsiege portion of this forum. That is actually where I wanted this to go, but I could not find it so I thought best to put it here in the general section. I thought some Starsiegers might see it.

And I am sorry everyone if I seemed like I was acting all mighty, or seemed like I was talking down to everyone. I mean all of this was not what I wanted for this topic. I wanted it to be for good use not to get slammed by some. And I am sorry if any of my posts gave everyone a bad first impression of me.

One thing I want to ask though is when the topic is moved can you get rid of these posts so we can start over here, and since I do not know where the Starsiege part of the forum is can you give a link to where the topic will now be. Thank you very much.
                          Last edited by Jeff; 05-13-2004, 01:07 PM.
                          Site coming soon.

Comment

Ahem. The title of the thread (which *you* posted) is:

"An Important Message from sunandshadows.com, Starsiege is alive, but it may jsut die"

You'll notice that, despite your claims that you spellcheck things and that spellchecking is important, you made a typo on the word "just", just twelve words in to this thread. In addition, in the post where you first mentioned using spellcheck, you made (IMHO) an even worse error than a simple typo. You used "your" when you needed "you're". Grammar is far more important, if you ask me. Hence, I don't think you have the right to complain about anyone's spelling. I'm not even seeing where I made a typo in my post.

Top that off with you complaining that something isn't relevant to a thread, and then whining about spelling... you're making a *great* case for yourself.

Anyway, moved to the SS forum.
                            Last edited by Falcon; 05-13-2004, 12:54 PM.

Comment

I didn't mean just you Falcon. I meant others as well. And if this topic was still to be in use I would gladly fix the errors. I thought I got them all. I guess I did not. Thank you for pointing that out. I guess using spell check in word is not enough. I will use my eyes as well then.
                              Last edited by Jeff; 05-13-2004, 10:03 PM.
                              Site coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X