This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VXTool doesn't work, is it Windows 7?

This is one of the few tools made for Starsiege that I ever really used, and it doesn't work for me anymore. "Error during volume list processing VOLUME.EXE: Invalid File Type or File Not Found!". What the shit? Is it because of Windows 7? I've tried every compatibility option... nothing.
    Hurt//maim//k-k-k-k-yeahSpeed

Originally posted by EXoCiDe View Post
    This is one of the few tools made for Starsiege that I ever really used, and it doesn't work for me anymore. "Error during volume list processing VOLUME.EXE: Invalid File Type or File Not Found!". What the shit? Is it because of Windows 7? I've tried every compatibility option... nothing.
    you sure its fully patched? Both it and Starsiege? Second if you installed to a non standard directory you may have to change the paths to where the Volume.exe file is vtlist etc.
    Founder/Member of Ultra Force
    Game Master of the Hellstorm Hussars Battletech Mercenary Unit

Comment

I don't think I ever got it to work on 7.
      (A.K.A. Stormtrooper MIB)
      Starsiege Stuff

Comment

could it be because VX Tools was based on VB6 and you may not have the VB6 Runtimes available?
        Founder/Member of Ultra Force
        Game Master of the Hellstorm Hussars Battletech Mercenary Unit

Comment

That might be it, but honestly I probably wont look into the matter.
          (A.K.A. Stormtrooper MIB)
          Starsiege Stuff

Comment

All of the tools included with starsiege for making, extracting, and reading volumes are limited to dos style naming conventions. So if you are trying to read from a path that has a space or is a long file name it'll cause the program to report file not found.

This also applies to the install location of your vxtool. It can't be in a folder that has spaces.
            "Kicking a dead horse is easy, pummeling it until there's nothing left but a bloody pulp takes some effort - Barak"

Comment

Working...
            X