This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XP SJIT!!!!!!!!

HEY i have got XP prof. on my computer and when i want to play tribes2 i will not work he won't start up HELP!!!!

I would like to play the game 1 time

I don't know how this SIGNATURE WORK!!!! **SNiff**

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/colin.sheard1/Mps2.mpa

does it start the updater at all or does it just crash before the game starts? or does it start and hang on a black window? or does it give you an error message?

have you tried running it in compatibility mode?

do you have a prebuilt machine (from eMachines or Dell or Compaq or HP or...) or...?

have you verified that all of your computer's hardware is listed on the Microsoft Hardware Compatibility List for XP?

just saying that it won't run on XP doesn't tell me much - it tells me what i already know: XP sucks. but i'll try to help you get it running on XP nonetheless.

(edit: this post is more appropriate in the troubleshooting forum)
    -- grey wolf

v4sw7+8CFHJMPRSUY$hw6/8ln5pr7FOPS$ck6ma7u8FLOw5GVm5l7DGUi20e4t3ABDEFGMNS TVb6DHMORTen7aNs0Br2p-5.62/-4.26g8ACGHMOPRTVZ hackerkey.com

Comment

hehe, did you put "delete windows.dll" in the scheduled task's for when your comp starts?? lol
      {RiP}Biggs
      Senior Leadership
      Team Rest in Pieces
      http://www.teamrip.org
      Biggs@teamrip.org

Comment

Try older vid drivers. if that dosen't work reinstall T2. I had to do that to make it work with XP

Comment

Re: XP SJIT!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Yoji Biomehanic
          HEY i have got XP prof. on my computer and when i want to play tribes2 i will not work he won't start up HELP!!!!

I would like to play the game 1 time

when i start Tribes2 it give's me an error message
          iv''e got a HP 800mhz pentium3
          256ram
          nvida 3dcart

Comment

ok.... just what IS the error message?
            -- grey wolf

v4sw7+8CFHJMPRSUY$hw6/8ln5pr7FOPS$ck6ma7u8FLOw5GVm5l7DGUi20e4t3ABDEFGMNS TVb6DHMORTen7aNs0Br2p-5.62/-4.26g8ACGHMOPRTVZ hackerkey.com

Comment

Originally posted by grey wolf
              ok.... just what IS the error message?

There is a error message that says
              PLEASE end this program
              there has been a problem

send error report - don't send

microso...............will take care of this report .....

Comment

Hmm, re-installed T2 yet?? if that doesn't work, then I really have no idea...
                {RiP}Biggs
                Senior Leadership
                Team Rest in Pieces
                http://www.teamrip.org
                Biggs@teamrip.org

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainBiggs
                  Hmm, yet?? if that doesn't work, then I really have no idea...
                  I already re-installed T2 but it still won't work

well THANKS anyway
                  i'll play AXIS

Comment

i know that error box well... there's a way to see extended information on the error report, but since it's an error M$ says it can take care of, i'm guessing it might be a problem with DirectX.

make sure you have the latest version of DirectX installed. 8.1a, isn't it? i've been kinda out of the M$ arena for a while.

there's also a few other XP problems that might need patching. go by WindowsUpdate and make sure you have all the critical updates installed (there's A LOT more than you'd expect for such a recent OS).

one last thing you might want to check is how you patched tribes 2. reinstall it again, but run single player/LAN, quit, then multiplayer and patch it. i heard that fixes a lot of problems.

but if you can't run it to begin with, then there's a much more serious issue with your computer than i'm aware of.

i would personally take drastic measures and go to Windows 2000. but i'm sure you don't have access to such an expensive OS. (my copy of Win2k Server would be worth $1700 if it was still shrinkwrapped.)
                    -- grey wolf

Comment

Originally posted by grey wolf
                      i know that error box well... there's a way to see extended information on the error report, but since it's an error M$ says it can take care of, i'm guessing it might be a problem with DirectX.

make sure you have the latest version of DirectX installed. 8.1a, isn't it? i've been kinda out of the M$ arena for a while.

there's also a few other XP problems that might need patching. go by WindowsUpdate and make sure you have all the critical updates installed (there's A LOT more than you'd expect for such a recent OS).

one last thing you might want to check is how you patched tribes 2. reinstall it again, but run single player/LAN, quit, then multiplayer and patch it. i heard that fixes a lot of problems.

but if you can't run it to begin with, then there's a much more serious issue with your computer than i'm aware of.

i would personally take drastic measures and go to Windows 2000. but i'm sure you don't have access to such an expensive OS. (my copy of Win2k Server would be worth $1700 if it was still shrinkwrapped.)

Thanks i will try it out!!
                      i'll post a message when it work

Comment

i'm sorry but it will not work
                        well
                        F ck it !!!!! i'll play AXIS

Comment

I run XP Pro and had the same problems until I updated, now it runs great.

You need to update your video and sound card drivers and you should be good to go. The standard XP ones do not like Tribes2.
                          {BEE}Monger[IO]
                          Blood Eagle Elders

Comment

I dont have XP, but i've used my neighbors....damn what a trouble-laden piece of shit....lemme tell you. greywolf, for once I agree that MS sucks here. Win. ME isnt great either, just in the last few days, its been kicking me out games, for no reasons. I'll be playing online, no lag or anything, no other programs running, and then, BOOM im completely out of the program staring at my desktop. Its rediculous!
                            Originally posted by Dean
                            has anyone else noticed that its a new fad to have a quote from someone in your sig? I want to be cool too

Comment

Working...
                            X