This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAAaAaaA

GRRRR I played Tribes:AA at my friends house and was hooked intsantly, fun fun fun, dare i say more fun than counter-strike, and halo, but not if halo had online, wit 60 players, then i would not be here right now. But sadly it doesn't...
    Ne way i thought woo hoo i must get this game but then i heard all the reviews saying you needed a monster computer, which i sadly do not have, but my friend says that it works fine with a normal pc. What do you Think?

Ps, uhh... 50k, nuff said, but seriusly, i can't even get 56k from where i live, it only goes to 50, mabey 52 on a good day.
    Do not hack. Even if every other person is flying around through walls at 100mph with laser guns, DO NOT HACK. It is absolutely never acceptable. Do. Not. Hack.
    Stop ruining the Internet.
    -slvationarmysldr

i've never heard of a 56k modem connecting at 56k anyway - even from the next room over. literally. (i did just that while i was working for an ISP, and it rarely did better than 48k from the next room.)

just to clarify something - which tribes are you talking about?
    -- grey wolf

v4sw7+8CFHJMPRSUY$hw6/8ln5pr7FOPS$ck6ma7u8FLOw5GVm5l7DGUi20e4t3ABDEFGMNS TVb6DHMORTen7aNs0Br2p-5.62/-4.26g8ACGHMOPRTVZ hackerkey.com

Comment

La

I look around and i heard that t2 was better than aa, but i played aa and thought that was great, hmm.... I guess wichever one works better online, i love online play, and they both have the dropship right? i love flying that thing.
      Do not hack. Even if every other person is flying around through walls at 100mph with laser guns, DO NOT HACK. It is absolutely never acceptable. Do. Not. Hack.
      -slvationarmysldr

Comment

ok, tribes 2. it plays very well on a 500MHz machine with a mid-range video card (like a GeForce or GeForce 2).
        -- grey wolf

v4sw7+8CFHJMPRSUY$hw6/8ln5pr7FOPS$ck6ma7u8FLOw5GVm5l7DGUi20e4t3ABDEFGMNS TVb6DHMORTen7aNs0Br2p-5.62/-4.26g8ACGHMOPRTVZ hackerkey.com

Comment

haAHaha, like i will be getting a geforce ne time soon, all i have is an Xpert 99/2000, 32mb, and 350 mgHz, oh well, guess i'm screwd.
          -slvationarmysldr

Comment

hmmm... i can play counter-strike ok, little to no lagg and i can get fairly good res. Is tribes that much different? the 60 player thing might be a problem though...
            -slvationarmysldr

Comment

well, with 60 players it gets a bit nasty. you'll be running fine at 12FPS and then all of a sudden 3 enemy players pop onto the screen and shoot discs at you and your FPS drops to 0.05 until you respawn. it's fun.

really, if you're still running a 350MHz machine, you should seriously consider getting a new computer - especially if you want to play games.
              -- grey wolf

Comment

SRry

i read That mHz thingy wrong, its 750, not 350, srry, i have a dell wit xp. i just got tribes 2 today, it is the re-releashed version, fully updated, udda uda, I installed it and tryied to play it, sadly all i got was a black screen and an error saying Error c50000000 or something like that followd by 0000000, HELP ME OR ELSE.... j/k i need help though, grrr stupid computer. #$%#$%#$^@!!!!!!!
                -slvationarmysldr

Comment

that's a known tribes 2 problem, unfortunately. make sure you've patched it to the latest final version - download it and install manually if you have to.

the CD version doesn't always work with all computers.

if you already did patch to the latest version, then try reinstalling. eventually, it decides to work.
                  -- grey wolf

Comment

Could you be kind enough to give me i nice site and the name of the patch i need?
                    -slvationarmysldr

Comment

www.tribes2.com
                      {RiP}Biggs
                      Senior Leadership
                      Team Rest in Pieces
                      http://www.teamrip.org
                      Biggs@teamrip.org

Comment

K i have the newest version. 5034 or whatever, its the re-release of tribes 2, it still does not work.... my friend thinks its my video card, it doesn't have openGl, and its stock... or it could be that i have sukie ram... either way i'm screwd because unfourtunatly i am 14 and my dad won;t let me put ne on the comp cuz he thinks its fine how it is....

Ps, i have yet to complete a game of starCraft, my comp just poos out on me in the middle of a game, i have of 100 disc.
                        -slvationarmysldr

Comment

The game requires openGL or Direct 3D. If you card supports openGL, or you have an inkling that it just might, you can get glsetup and it will auto-detect your video card (if it supports open gl) and install it. If that doesn't work... just wait for grey to respond or something, he always has the answers

Comment

Dio, keep in mind GLSetup only works on Win9x. WinXP/2k is unsupported.

Shattered, please post the make and model of your video card. right-click on your desktop, hit properties, settings, advanced, adapter. the name there is what windows thinks it is. take note of the "Chip Type", "Memory Size", and "Adapter String", and then click properties. take note of "Manufacturer" and then click driver. take note of "Driver Provider".

post that here, and i can tell you where to get OpenGL drivers for your version of windows. (also please mention your version of Windows).

and by the way, clean up that disk. 100MB is far too little space to work with. uninstall the games you don't play, and get rid of the stuff you downloaded that you don't use. (like gator and bonzibuddi and crap like that.)
                            -- grey wolf

Comment

thank you for coming to me in my time of need, i didn't think it was possible but now i like the yard even BETTer! unfourtunatly i am at the colledge liberary, these comps are kick a$$, makes me sad when i return home and stare at my smoking sin to technolegy, wait, why am i posting this if i don't have my own comp to check my cards stats/?? i don't know....

But i do remember that it is an Expert 99/2000 something or other.... and i know that it is stock, my windows version is XP pro.
                              512 SDR ram, (i know, i don't even have DDR, snivle snivle)
                              And i did go to windows update, and it said that there where no more updates for my driver... snivle snivle... and my vid card is a 16, no wait, 32, i think, thats what i said in my other post! well if its 32 then it didn't have opengl, and i do have dericx 9.0aorb.. but my friend has a left-over 32 megabite Gforce that i know has open gl that hes is giving to me. Woohoo! counter-strike with OPEN GL muahahahah and no laggypoo! muahahah.... ok. ne more detailed info with out all the little muahhaahings.... when i get home.... in .... 30mins.... muauahahhahaa......

PS. WOOOO WOOO WOO!!! WHEN DID I SAY I ONLY HAD 100MEGABITES????? MY HARD DRIVE IS THE ONLY THINK I'M PROUD OF ON MY CRAP COMPUTER!!! DON'T INSULT IT!!! ITS 86 GIG!!!!! I HAVE AN UNLIMENTED SPACE TO WORK WITH HERE!!! WHEN DID I SAY ONLY 100MB??????
                              Last edited by Shatterd; 09-03-2003, 07:17 PM.
                              -slvationarmysldr

Comment

Working...
                              X