Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Help with Tribes 1 Server Problem!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Help with Tribes 1 Server Problem!

All right, to discourage any noob-alerts out there, I know what master.cs does and how to modify it to get the servers to work. The only problem is... master.cs does not exist on my computer, nor does a scripts folder!!! The only folders in my Tribes directory are base, config, recordings, and temp.
    I don't know if it is the version (I have v. 1.11, updated from 1.8), or if it is the fact that I downloaded the full version from fileplanet.com (It is available legally for free now if you didn't know). I don't know what to do about it, because whenever I access the server list screen to join a game, it says something like "Could not contact any master server. Please verify your Internet connection." There are no servers visible on the screen. in my "Options" dialog, there are 3 servers: "Tribes Full Master," "UK Master," and "Australia Master" (Or something along those lines).
    I also have the addrBook.cs file, but don't know how to utilize it to make things work.
    I've been at this all day ( I used to play the Tribes demo), and I haven't gottten anywhere, and I'm at the point of pulling my hair out! Please help! If you could send me the master.cs file (or your whole "/Scripts" directory, for that matter), I will be forever in your debt. Or, if the addrBook.cs file can fix the problem, please tell me how to do that! The address you can send things to is chedd@telusplanet.net
    So, I hope I didn't sound like a noob, but I am understandably desperate. Please reply, and thanks in advance
    Last edited by darkchaos5; 05-05-2005, 10:47 PM.
    "If you can't join 'em, kill 'em"

Sorry dude, I didn't even think to check in herelast week.

You have MSN, ICQ, or AIM? I can walk you through the server setup. I'm assuming that this is on a windows box?
    {RiP}Biggs
    Senior Leadership
    Team Rest in Pieces
    http://www.teamrip.org
    Biggs@teamrip.org

Comment

Oh, no worries. I got this fixed (just required some firewall configuration). Thanks anyway though.
      "If you can't join 'em, kill 'em"

Comment

I'm glad to see that you've finally replied 6 months later... lol
        {RiP}Biggs
        Senior Leadership
        Team Rest in Pieces
        http://www.teamrip.org
        Biggs@teamrip.org

Comment

HELP

[SIZE=7]HEY I have the same problem. How do you fix it....
          My e-mail is smyh5000@yahoo.com[/SIZE
          ]

Comment

Working...
          X